Tuesday, April 15, 2008

42 42 42 42 42 42.

Top 4th (Twins 2, Tigers 1)
I've been watching the game since it started, but I was too busy eating a cherry slushie to really want to live blog. So.. here we go.

What is up with all of these Rays advertisements? Seriously, I'm getting pissed. You see, my family was planning on going to the games on Wednesday/Thursday, but my dad ended up having a business meeting. Well, then I was like, "hey, it's okay, I can still watch it on TV." But guess what? I have confirmation at 7-9. I'll be missing the Wednesday game (though I plan on taping it) but I'll be around on Thursday. I might live blog, maybe, but it all depends on if I'm bawling my eyes out or not. Ahah.

Oh, hey. So I like Craig Monroe. I really do, regardless of if he SUCKS or not. And Kubes, if you want to keep your spot in the line up, would you please stop striking out? Yeah.

And did anybody else notice that when we had a guy on first they said it was the end of the 4th, but then erased it? I guess somebody doesn't know how to count to three.

Bottom 4th (Twins 2, Tigers 1)
Ayyyy, Go-Go. In the 2nd..?, if anybody noticed, he hit himself with the bat because he popped out. Aww. It was cute.

TOLBERT. I like you a lot more at shortstop than that Adam Everett guy. How about you play there everyday? Yes, please.

Whoa now, Justincredible. Just because you're basically our Canadian Superman doesn't mean you can fumble around on a tiny little flying baseball and then get up to saunter over to first base like nothing's wrong. Even though you're almost invincible.

Top 5th (Twins 2, Tigers 1)
Hey, Tolbert's out. How in the world did he get out? I don't know, I was watching Craig Monroe talk. Aw. He's so nice. And happy Jackie Robinson Day, everybody! I think it's awesome that 5 of our guys decided to wear the jersey, but at the same time, wouldn't you feel kinda bad if you.. didn't? Oh, and I believe I read somewhere that all of the Rays players are going to wear Jackie's number. That's some dedication.

Carlos, Carlos, Carlos. I can't tell if he knew that was a strike or not because he always has that dazed look on his face.. oh well, that's kinda why we love him. I hope he knows he's a fan favorite over here in Minnesota. What about that Johan Santana? Yeah, I heard he got booed the other day. I figured that I should let you all know that I try to bring myself to dislike Johan but I just can't, for some reason. I feel bad for him. He should come back to Minnesota, free of charge. Anybody with me? Yeah, maybe not.

Whoa. What happened? Oh right, Brendan Harris got out. Don't worry, I still like him.

Bottom 5th (Twins 2, Tigers 1)
Oh, a single.

Oh, another single. RUN KUBEL RUN! Settle down now, Scott Baker. We don't have enough oxygen to go around when you start getting into trouble if you make Kubes run around out there in the field.

Random, but I really love baseball pants. I am such a girl.

WHAT KIND OF BUNT ATTEMPT WAS THAT, IVAN RODRIGUEZ?! Reminded me of a bunny. Here comes Ivan Cottontail, hoppin' down the bunny trail-- hey, that was an ugly jam/nub/bunt/hit/I-have-no-idea-where-the-ball-is-I'm-just-going-to-swing-at-it-and-hope-I-get-a-piece-of-it swing. Wow, we only have 1 out?

Oh my God. I love Carlos Gomez. When he attempts to throw, he does two things: he hoists the ball a surmountable amount of feet away, and in the process throws himself to the ground. Or almost. It looks kind of like a little dance move.. maybe. Oh well, whatever it is, it's adorable.

Yaaah, K.

Top 6th (Twins 2, Tigers 1)
Go Joe, go!

JUSTIN MORNEAU. (Score change! Twins 4, Tigers 1)
Obviously he liked that pitched, Bert. Bask in your own glory, Justin. You deserve it. 4th homerun? Hot.

Delmon Young got out? When? I didn't even notice. And now Kubel's up and.. and.. and... oh a strikeout. Nate Robertson has 5 strikeouts tonight - and Jason Kubel's making up 60% of that with 3!

Come on, Craig Monroe. I believe in you. I believeeeeeeeeee..
that you can get out.

6.25
THAT'S A BALK!

Oh, and don't call Ronnie.. he's a dillweed.

Bottom 6th (Twins 4, Tigers 1)
I didn't pay attention to the start of the inning, but we have 1 out, so.. it's all good.

Hey, Arby's, I have a beef. My beef is that Jason Bartlett doesn't play for us anymore. Can you change that?

Wow, Mike Lamb, you actually did something good?! And hey Justin, keep being hot. Thanks.

MAGGLIO CUT YOUR F-ING HAIR. (Score change! Twins 4, Tigers 2)

Top 7th (Twins 4, Tigers 2)
Maybe I'm insane, but Mike Lamb reminds me of Charlie Sheen. I bet that at-bat was better than what Charlie Sheen could do but.. you know.

Aw, Luis Castillo. I miss him. I actually watched the Brewers/Mets game on Saturday (just for J.J. Hardy, but when I realized Luis was playing I watched longer) and he was still being amazing. So.

Nate Robertson, it'd be nice if you could tell people when you get hurt. I was going to ask why you only went 4 innings but then I realized that it's actually the 7th. Uh, my bad I guess.

AWW AWW AWW I JUST SAW KEVIN SLOWEY AWW KEVIN SLOWEY AWWWW
oh nevermind I can't see him anymore because apparently Firestone thinks I need to see a box score of a game that I've been watching THE WHOLE FREAKIN TIME.

Go go go Tolbert. Aw, nevermind. Magglio "I don't know, what can scissors and shampoo do for you?" Ordonez decided to lumber over and catch it.

Carlos Gomez looks really sweet, kinda like a little child who eats candy all day and has A.D.D. And I mean that in the best way possible, because I'm starting to really like him. A lot. Even when he strikes out, because... well, he looks a lot better doing it than Jason Kubel. Oh, wait, you mean Carlos has struck out twice tonight? I didn't remember that mainly because three > two. Sorry Kubes.

Bottom 7th (Twins 4, Tigers 2)
I think the people at FSN are smoking crack or something because the score keeps changing and I have no idea what's going on. (Score change! Twins 4, Tigers 3 or something)

It's okay, Scott Baker, because we love you regardless of all these homeruns.

"Robertson left the game with left lat tightness." Or something.

I took Lat.
Not really.

I want the world to know that I still love Scruffles, a.k.a. Matt Guerrier.

Great Scott! ... Baker

Top 8th (Twins 4, Tigers 3)
Who in the hell is Darby Hendrickson? I really dislike all these new FSN cronies. Telly Tubby Hughes, that means you.

Morneau. Save us.

Hey, Mr. Ump? That 3-0 pitch wasn't a strike. Neither was that 3-1. I guess you're wearing beer goggles? Oh I guess that 3-2 was actually a strike, but Justin should have been on base. Whatever, Ump. It's not Justin's fault that you were misinformed about Canadian bacon your whole life. Don't take it out on him.

Bottom 8th (Twins 4, Tigers 3)
Jessaayyy Craynuh.

My sister (who is in 4th grade by the way) calls Placido Polanco "Poncho." I guess it kinda stuck. For me, at least. Walk, Poncho, walk. You walk to that base.

Aww, it looked like Joe Mauer was going to start hugging Jesse Crain. Or holding his side.. patting his stomach.. or something. Awww. Cute.

What the hell happened? Oh, Jesse Crain threw it to Justin and Justin couldn't grab it. Aw, that was messy. Justin really can't run. It's sad. I mean, I love him and all, but seriously, the man can't run. And I think Jason Kubel forgot he was supposed to go after that. Or maybe he was running too.

Dick's getting excited.
(Freaking perverts.)

Thank you, Baby Jesus, for catching that. I don't think I've ever taken notice as much as I have now of how hot Joe Mauer is. I'm not going to jump on the "I love the Minnesota Twins because Joe Mauer is hotter than a burrito from Taco Bell" bandwagon but he really is hot.

And while I was talking about Joe's hotness, Grease Master Magglio hits a double. (Score change! Twins 4, Tigers 4)

Wow, I was just helping my sister with her homework and all of a sudden somebody hits a homerun. (Score change! Tigers 6, Twins 4)

I think our bullpen sucks. What happened to this amazing bullpen of ours? Yeah, I think something happened. Insert Pat Neshek vegetarianism joke here.

Nice play, Morneau.

Top 9th (Tigers 6, Twins 4)
Aww, Brandon Inge is in. Yaah. I like him, kinda. If I had to choose a favorite Tiger it'd be him. That's as far as I'm going.

I think I just realized we're losing. Ouch.

HEY DELMON YOUNG. That was AMAZING. He dropped the damn ball, you got a triple! Dude, watching Leyland run makes me laugh my ass off. I'm horrible.

Craig Monroe. I'm pleading for you. Jason Kubel was dead long ago. Please, Craig, please! Keep fightin' them off. Wow, this is entertaining. You can tell Monroe wants to kill the Tigers right now. Yes, yes. Hey, I saw Michael. And Adam Everett in the dugout.

YAH CRAIG, RBI RBI RBI!! (Score change! Tigers 6, Twins 5)
Heyaa, Denard.

Way to not be, Mike Lamb.

TOLBERT! Oh my god. I bet he's super scared right now with all this hype. Aw, Matt Tolbert, you're adorable. Aww. Awwww. I'm having an aww-fest. I like this game. Matt Tolbert can do this. GEEZ. If that was a fair ball, that would have been a double. At least. I'm going to call Matt "Wheelies" now. Why? I don't know, he's kinda fast.

OH MY GOD WHAT IS WITH ALL OF THIS FOULING OFF 2 STRIKE PITCHES.
Awwwww, Matt is chewing bubble gum!
BALL 1. WHAT UP IVAN. Rodriguez.
God, my heart is racing. I can imagine Wheelies is dying right now, poor kid. Or maybe his nerves were all transferred to me? Why am I this nervous and anxious? My god.

Nice pick up, Wheelies. Aww. Foul tip? Aww, it's okay. I like him.. a lot.

No, I'm not watching Twins/Wild Live. No.

Final: Tigers 6, Twins 5.
... sweeeeeep.

2 comments:

RK said...

I've decided Carlos Gomez looks like his skull is trying to escape from his face. Kid could use a sandwich here and there.

Kayla said...

sad, but true. maybe justin morneau will introduce him to the wonders of jimmy johns, and he'll have to go on a boof diet.