Sunday, April 20, 2008

A-C-E! As Easy As 1-2-3, A-C-E. And I Mean Scott Baker.

Royals 5, Twins 1
Tigers 11, Twins 9
Tigers 6, Twins 5
Twins 6, Rays 5
Rays 7, Twins 3
Indians 4, Twins 0
Twins 3, Twins 0
Twins 2, Indians 1

As may be seen from the expansive list of scores, I'm an extremely lazy blogger but it's not as though people actually pay attention to me anyways. I am arguably seen most frequently over at Pulling a Blyleven so if you really want to follow my insanity around, go over there and look at the comment boxes.

I apologize for not being around during the Rays series (although I really do not see 2 games as a series, but, you know) but I was too busy bawling. Oh wait, that was only the first day. And if you're tempted to make "hahahahahaa you mean you actually like that Jason Bartlett guy, you know, the one that commits errors as frequently as rabbits repopulate?" jabs at me I just figure you should know that Adam Everett isn't doing too much for you, rabid Twins fan who I will only assume is bitter, so.. shut your freaking face.

We all know that Detroit has had a very suckish start this season, now being 6-13.. but Cleveland's right with them at 7-12. The Twins are at 9-10, and the Royals (whom my band director in school has recently expressed major interest in.. he's got down their manager's name and that's it so far) are 9-9. The White Sox lead the division with a record of 11-7, leaving us back only 2.5 games. It is early and everything can and probably will change, but it's still slightly hopeful for fans of the top 3 teams. Myself included in that category.

Today's game basically proved my thoughts that Scott Baker really is the Twins ace. As good of a pitcher as Livan is, he doesn't have super stuff like Scott... in fact, all the games he pitched I can't remember well. At all. Oh well.

I just lost my train of thought, sadly. Not like I was on the road to a point, but still. There was something there. Oh, maybe it was along the lines "congratulations to Nick Blackburn for actually getting a win this time around, along with major kudos to Brendan Harris, and Justin Morneau." However, the only thing I am really concerned about at the moment is.. Carlos Gomez. Seriously... he probably could have bruised a rib with that flying bounce on the ground to make such an amazing catch. I'd also like to make a point that I am extremely happy that he was not a competitor in my local Track and Field days as a child. My ass would definitely have been whooped. I already have enough last place ribbons, thanks.

1 comment:

S.Rail said...

Psssh...when Slowey gets back, he WILL be the Ace (well at least of my heart) :)