Saturday, April 26, 2008

Baker's Dozen (... kinda)

Twins 12, Rangers 6

And while my "call" was not correct tonight, I had a blast watching the game tonight. I actually happened to take notes.

- In the third, a grounder rolls past Brendan Harris (who's known for his lack-of-range) and continues rolling into center. To me it looked like Craig Monroe, playing center for the injured Carlos Gomez, was just sauntering slowly over to the ball; Michael Cuddyer, playing right, must've gotten kind of maddened on account of Monroe's lack of hustle, because he ran in front of him and got the ball instead.
- Beginning of the fourth they showed a tiny kid wearing a Rangers hat that had airbrushed art on the side. He was eating a hot dog, and to me he looked like a major poser. I said to my mom something about his "gangsta" hat, and she followed with: "he looks pretty 'white bread' to me."
- I wrote on my sheet that "doritos are orgasmic." Yeah, I was eating them.
- Scott Baker strained a groin muscle. Now this marks that both my sister and I have lost boyfriends to injury. Myself having Kevin Slowey, her having Scott.
- Murphy's batting stance irritated me throughout the game.
- I told my dad that when we go to a Twins game this summer, I'm bringing a sign. Dad: "What, circle me Bart?" Me: "-lett." It made my parents chuckle.
- My mom calls Jarrod Saltalamacchia "Rainbow" because his name arcs around his number on his jersey. She also calls Ponson "Pontoon" after I told her that was his nickname from us Minnesotans. "I don't know what his real name is!"
- Me: "See, now, what would we be doing if I hadn't started watching the Twins?" Dad: "Watching something I actually want to watch." (He's a closet Twins fan. He refuses to admit he enjoys watching baseball..)
- Mom: "When's Michael's baby due again?" Me: "June, maybe?" Dad: ".. he's pregnant?"
- Dad: "Bases loaded. I hope Nicky's not up. Hey, Mike [Lamb], how about you do a little something for Bambi?"
- After seeing a commercial that featured a guy in a fugly sweater, my sister and I broke into a rousing chorus of "'CAUSE WHEN YOU'RE WEARING A STRIPED SWEATER..!"
- Dad: "Who's this?" Me: "MATT TOLBERT! He's like my boyfriend. I love him."
- Me: Dad, who's your Twins boyfriend? Dad: I don't lead an alternative lifestyle.
- My sister thinks that Max, my cat's, boyfriend is T.C. I said, "No, it has to be a player." Kara then said something about "Well T.C. is a playa!"
- My dad now calls Dennys Reyes "Sampler Plate."
- I didn't know Mauer could BUNT!
- My dad then said, "I think Delmon Young is my 'hero'." Me: "Oh, you mean your boyfriend?"
- Kara: 'All you can eat seats'? Cool, I want to eat a seat.
- Matt Tolbert has an uncanny ability to run into people on first base. The first inning, he ran into Pontoon at first, and then fell on his ass.. and later, probably in the 8th or so?, he ran into the first basemen again.
- We switched the channel to see what the score was for the Celtics game (they lost.) and when we went back, we saw Michael rounding the bases. "WE MISSED CUDDY'S HOME RUN? WHAT?!"
- My mom, after watching Neshek pitch a couple of outs: "Why does he put his butt out like that?"
- Bobby Korecky is short. Well, looking at his stats he's like 5'11, but I never said he was Nick Punto short.
- After watching Delmon Young's interview during Twins Live, I have come to the realization that he loves the word "uhhh."

I have decided I'm going to start a so-called "boyfriend of the day" to give me inspiration to actually change my blog around and make it not so.. boring. But since that's really common, I need to think of a different name for the prized ranking. I'll figure out what to call it later. It's late, and I'm tired. I know, I'm a weenie.

I'll also add a "boyfriend" section. So that those players who have stolen my heart, along with my family's, will be listed. So, if you want to stalk me, you know who I love. There you go.

And yes, in case you were wondering? I am a tagging whore. Thanks.

1 comment:

Isabel Whyte said...

This blog has been enjoyable to read. It is educational and packed with knowledge. Cleaning your screen with a soft eraser or a microfiber cloth that has been mildly wet will quickly get rid of any black spots. To Fix Black Spot on screen read this article.