Saturday, April 5, 2008

Oh! Grieving. My Speciality.

Angels 1, Twins 0
Angels 5, Twins 4
Twins 4, Royals 3
Twins 6, Royals 4

My apologies for not posting for four days. My excuse is what I believe to be a good one: I am briefing a period of mourning and it's the worst feeling in the world. I have been checking all the daily reads, though. Don't think I'm not being faithful to you all, bloggers.

As everybody who follows Twins baseball should know, yesterday night Michael Cuddyer was sliding into third base (head first, mind you) on Justin Morneau's RBI double and just so happened to collide with Alex Gordon, who spiked his hand by accident. He dislocated his right index finger and suffered a laceration on his knuckle. I'm guessing it was mighty appetizing to look at but there really no pictures aside from this, so have fun dreaming up the nice gash, which Michael said was "deep enough to see the tendon - but it wasn't severed." He's on the DL, obviously, which probably makes most Twins fans want to cry silently into their stuffed version of T.C. Bear. Denard Span was called up from the Red Wings to take up his outfield spot.

In other news, Justin Morneau hit his first homerun of the season today. He also had another double, which further gives those who were growing tired of the 0-for-13 streak a reason to watch the games again. Hopefully he's finding his swing now - we as fans deserve some good news to cover for the past couple of days that held a couple of blunders, lack-of-offense, losses, and bad news. On another high note, we have officially won a series - over a team that was 3-0 coming to the Dome. What up?! Like everyone else, I am hoping for a sweep tomorrow. Hoping, people.

Slow day, considering the game wasn't televised and my sister overtook the TV at 7 (note that she's 10 years old. My mother favors the baby, obviously) so I was unable to watch Squeeze Play. Oh, and I also watched Thursday's and "saw" Kevin get hurt. (There, I said it. I said he was hurt. I don't like to hear that. No, stop talking! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!) I wanted to cry.

Oh, and though stats "don't matter" (<-- I mentioned on Thursday, to a classmate, that Justin Morneau was hitless on the season and Jason Bartlett had already gotten a hit or two, prompting myself to say that statistically, Jason was better than Justin thus far. Of course I was given a verbal beatdown and was asked why I called Jason.. "Jason". I responded by saying, "Well, that is his name. Amazing, isn't it? He has a name!") Adam Everett leads the team with 2 errors. Hey, if you can't hit, you might wanna live up to your 'stellar defense', right? Yeah, well, how about you start livin', Adam? Jason has 0. GOOSE EGG, ZILCH, NADAH, ZIPPO.
Also, as noted by a poster on one of La Velle's blogs, Francisco Liriano's newborn was named Kevin. "After Kevin Slowey?" the poster noted. "Will we be seeing a Francisco Slowey in the near future?" I don't even know. It made me laugh, for one thing.

I am now leaving you, reader(s?), with two things:
1. Tampa is now 3-1 and leads the AL East. Which means nothing, really, being only five days into the season, but it is a happy thought for Matty Garrrrza and Jason.
2. Is it bad when I get all giggly when I see ERAs of 10.00+? Sorry, Jesse Crain, I guess that means you.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

If we can't win the World Series, I hope the Rays do.

S.Rail said...

wow, i was reading your profile and...OMG. YOU LOVE KEVIN SLOWEY?! HE IS MY FAVORETEST PLAYA EVA!! I thought no bodee loved him like me. They all think he is a stupid rookie, Not in my mind. *I am a spaz head freak for the Twins.* I also live 2+ hours from the cities...so seeing them play is limited.

Kayla said...

amen katie.

I DO I DO I DO! i know. -high five- kevin's going to be a stud this year. we're callin' it right here, okay?!

and yeah.. living out of the minneapolis area sucks a big one. i will (most likely) be attending my first game this summer, though, so.. yeeha? haha.

S.Rail said...

I used to love Mauer/Morneau, but when Slowey came along....*sigh*.

Yes we are SO calling it. Wait till he gets over this bicept thing...THEN EVERYONE WILL SEE! >:D

So you've NEVER been to a game? I have been to a couple, and I hope to go this summa also.

P.S. My Friend and I love the underdawg-ness of Rincon...so he is our silly awesome pitcher...and we love him too **not as much as sloweee** ;)

Kayla said...

yes yes! and nah, i haven't been to a game before.. i live a slightly sheltered life. it's pretty sad.

lmao! yeah. juan is good. i just hope he can bounce back from a disappointing season.. aw well. it'll be fun either way.

S.Rail said...

Oh man! I had to cry to someone! And your the only other Slowey fan i know!!! He's going to the DL! *sobs!* I thought he was getting better.Now (for 15 days) I have to go back to liking Mauer *sigh* or maybe Gomez...yeah. ='(

Anonymous said...

Mourning and grieving is something that any Twins fan is used to.
Your blog is awesome!

**Becca** aka Twins Sisters

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

51552.....3122

Anonymous said...

Видео ютуб улётное http://youtu.be/knL93B57iiI
Прикольное видео секс http://youtu.be/X2sdWXysJIc
[youtube]knL93B57iiI[/youtube]
[youtube]X2sdWXysJIc[/youtube]
video youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/aeytovaresch/
Вот ещё прикольное Видео
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESU56pn_yLo

video Видео